ELIZABETH R. FLEMING
Elizabeth obtained her J.D. from The John Marshall Law School (n/k/a University of Illinois Chicago John Marshall Law School) in 2015. While in law school, she was a staff member of the The John Marshall Law Review. Her article The Drone Games was selected for publication. In addition, she competed at the International Environmental Moot Court Competition and received CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for Highest grade in both Medical Negligence and International Criminal Law.
Elizabeth started her law practice at general litigation firm, where she handled a wide range of civil and criminal matters, both state and federal, at the trial and appellate levels. She focused her practice on representing municipal union employees, including sworn officers, in criminal, civil, and administrative matters, involving internal disciplinary investigations and suspension and termination proceedings. Prior to joining the Sotos Law Firm, Elizabeth worked as an associate at a premier Chicago litigation defense firm, specializing in the defense of professional and general liability cases.
Elizabeth is admitted to practice in Illinois, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Elizabeth graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2010 with a bachelor's degree in media studies.
Areas of Practice
- Municipal Defense
- Civil Rights Defense
- Government Representation
- Employee Internal Investigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 2015
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2018
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2022
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2022
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2015
- Honors: Moot Court International Environmental Moot Court Compentation
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- B.S. - 2010
- Major: Media
Honors and Awards
- Cali Award International Criminal Law and Medical Negligence
Past Employment Positions
- HeplerBroom, LLC, Associate, 2021 to 2022
- Herbert Law Firm, Associate, 2015 to 2021